Thursday 1 March 2012

Getting ready for the big trade up!!

So I decided about a month ago that I wanted to become involved with charity work and I could see it as a possible career path. I came across this fantastic sounding opportunity to work for Trekstock, a charity against cancer in young people.

I'm beginning to compete for an internship with the organisation in a few days and I cannot wait! So this is where the fun begins.....

To apply for a place on the programme, I will be given a virtual Trekstock badge on March 5th, as worn by charity patron Mark Ronson, Beyonce, Chris Martin and Katy Perry amongst others.

The badge must then be ‘traded up’ over a three week period in the hope of obtaining something of value that can then be auctioned on ebay with all the proceeds going to Trekstock.

So from March 5th until the 26th I will be trading any items generous people are willing to give up for this charity. If you have an old t-shirt you no longer want and think someone else might, work somewhere that is willing to trade vouchers or just want to help in any way you can by trading something of yours then I'd love to hear from you!

Once trading begins on Monday 5th March, I will begin keeping track of all the items I receive and trade up by posting photos and asking those who've taken part to photograph themselves with their item in order to spread the word about Trekstock!

No comments:

Post a Comment